Monday, May 14, 2012

Goteborgsvarvet 2012

I loved this weeken. It was all about running. You already know how much I love running (especially now when I don't have any next race planned for the first time in the last 2 years). So, I have a lot of pictures, by my Picasa refuses to post them, so here you have just a short running nerding about me running. Here you can see the data my watch gathered, but the official result wa 1:53:15 for the whole half marathon.


So, shortly, my plan was to run 5:15 per km, but you know all the energy you start with and you think you can move mountains? So, the first kms I run faster :-( It was a bit tough on the first bridge elevation, but I could not resist running real fast down the bridge. Was really happy and in good mood until around after 13 km, when I started feeling strange in my left knee... I usually don't drink while running, because it gives me pain in one of the sides, but I decided to drink the sports beverage on the next stations for the sake on my knee. Well, I did on the next 2 stations, and while the knee did hurt, it was still fine to run, but after the second bridge I had that typical pain in one side which I have after drinking. Add here the knee that strangely only hurt when I thought about it, so after 15 km I had to really slow down, move to the right-most lane (before that I was mostly overtaking many other runners in the left-side lane) and just run steady but slooooooowly to the end. I don't remember much from that point until approximately km 20, when I suddenly woke up from the foggy reality and started to speed up to the finish. So, yay! I did it. Better than in winter, worse than last autumn, but still happy.
And, did I mention, there was 60000 people running that race? And I came nr. 2573 among all? And 1368 among those in my age category?
Yay! Again.

It looks like I finally can get the pictures. So this was our weekend, which started with a sleepy sweet little girl to we woken up to catch the ferry.

Since we had the free ticket on a ferry, we used it on our way there. Greta enjoyed playing and watching cartoons, and I started yet another knitting project. 


Greta has fun pretending she is asleep in the car, while she asks me to take pictures of her sleeping. Look at the smile on her face. 
This is one of the bridges I will run on tomorrow. 


Generally, I liked Gothenburg pretty well, nice city (but still too big for me)

The bus I took on the race day took forever to drive some 8 km to the start from the hotel, and there was not many things to take pictures of from the bus, except maybe a couple, like this church

A happy picture! And this might be one of the prettiest medals I have :-) (or heaviest)

Just a bit of the hotel, we stayed at Quality Hotel 11, I think it was pretty good one, the prices very high there anyway.
And today, on Sunday, we had a kids race. Before that, we walked in the forest a bit, had som fun and laughed. 

In general, the kids part was really a lot of fun, Greta tried almost everything

Here we will run with Greta her 300 m


I got the t-shirt for her. She is happy!

 And another activity which she got a prize for, and a diploma!


 Now!!! We run to the finish line!

... where we get the medal and a banana!

But fairly, most of the kids loved the fake bananas much more!

I love this picture. Is she really looking proud? Or is it just me?

The big jumping castle was a lot of fun, too. But way too many big kids there, must be careful.


What was I saying about those bananas? Fun!


Tired?

Just a bit more fun before we hit the road (and it does take around 4 hours to get home)



 Heading home, and if you managed reading until here, I am impressed.

Some bridge in Sweden through the roof-window.

Now I will go to bed. 

4 comments:

  1. Фотография со скакалками - замечательная.

    ReplyDelete
  2. неужели она уже большая такая???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Спасибо, Виталя :-)
    Ой, Ксюш, маленькая совсем еще :-) рада тебя видеть! соскучилась по вам.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL! you are the CHAMPION! Greta as well! she really looks very proud of you I guess :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...