Monday, April 25, 2011

We are home

We came back home on Saturday night, and I am trying to get up to date with all the mail, the house, the garden. It is so many things that I want to tell: about the vacation, about Greta, about her birthday, about different observations about local people there...
Now I have some problem with the card reader and can not get the pictures yet, but they will come after a while.
I appreciate so much all your comments and wishes to Greta. She is such a nice grown girl now, that I can not believe it myself sometimes. It took her a while to start enjoying sun, beach, pool and sea. But by the end of our vacation the was swimming in the pool, playing with the sand and rocks, chasing fish in the sea and happy. And she is so nice and tender. She wakes up and the first thing she does is kiss me, she runs around the pool and runs to daddy and gives him a sweet kiss. She still has to learn to use the belt in the plane, since now she has to sit all by herself in her own seat. But to put the belt is a fight, scream and frustration. I hope she will be calmer next time we travel.
We had a problem with the travel agency which put us in a wrong room type, so the next weeks will be interesting as I will try to get some money back and get some king of compensation.
I was running there too, but what a big difference it is, I noticed today when I went running here, to run in a desert or to run in a nice fresh spring-summer Norway when the birds sing and the air smells pine trees. I don't feel ready to run 10 km in 2 weeks in Oslo, especially after the buffet in Eilat with all that nice cakes and sweets :-)
When we came back here, there is no spot of snow left. Everything is green and the sun is shining. It is real summer here, so early. Yesterday we had a gardening day, removed all the old leafs and grass from the garden, cleaned the terrace, washed it and oiled it. Changed tires on the car and on the bikes, too. By the way, we tried our three-wheeled bike for Greta, but she still is too short and cant reach the pedals... I cant believe they make these bikes for such big kids and Greta still cant use it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...